Thu, Jun 10, 2004
Conflict Management Through Peer Mediation - Newark High School Video
A short introductory video that covers a general overview of what a Peer Mediation program looks like at the High School level. The Video includes Administration and Student testimonials about the success and value of Peer Mediation in their school. Developed at Newark High School, the video is hosted on the Ohio Commission on Dispute Resolution’s website.
Voluntary Matters 1+2 - Conflict Resolution Module
The Voluntary Matters 1+2 website includes a module on conflict resolution for people working in volunteer organizations. It includes online video in RealPlayer format, and a “you choose your own ending” activity that explores the different results you get when you make different choices in a conflict situation.
Voluntary Matters 1+2 (vm1+2) is a resource to inform and inspire everyone who works with any sort of voluntary organisation.
* vm1+2 is based on the first and second series of Voluntary Matters produced by the Media Trust for the BBC Learning Zone.
* There are 12 x 30 minute BBC TV programmes - 6 for series one and 6 for series two. There is also a print booklet to accompany the second series.
* The vm1+2 programmes are all available on video.
* vm1+2 covers 15 subjects: conflict resolution, volunteers, users, trustees, staff, legal matters, administration, strategic planning, contracts and partnerships, information technology, fundraising, accounting, financial management, campaigning and marketing.
* vm1+2 has been developed in consultation with key bodies that work with voluntary organisations.
Human Rights Documents Search Engine
HURISEARCH is a HUman RIghts SEARCH engine. It aims to:
* provide one point access to all human rights information published by human rights organisations worldwide, and particularly human rights NGOs
* provide a searching tool with egalitarian and known ranking and indexing principles without regard to commercial agendas
* provide a searching tool which is overseen by human rights people specifically to meet human rights needs
* provide an easy to use multilingual human rights search engine
HURISEARCH currently directly searches over 1300 human rights NGO sites in 58 languages, with other NGO, IGO and other human rights sites to be added in the future. The site is a pilot project, established in cooperation with Human Rights Education Associates.